A little birdie just told me about a readathon that happens twice a year (April and August) and revolves strictly around reading ARC’s. How awesome is that? Considering the stack of ARC’s I currently have on hand, and that September is looking to be an unbelievably busy galley month for me (paired with school starting again on August 22nd), adding a little fun/competition/motivation to the mix certainly can’t hurt. And I had so much fun doing Dewey’s 24 hour Readathon last October, that I’ve been eager to participate in a few other events.
So, about this readathon: it’s the 4th Annual ARC August readathon hosted by Read. Sleep. Repeat. In a nutshell, commit to reading some ARC’s in August, report on what you’ve read (make sure to review them and link back to them!), and at the end, you could win a stack of physical ARC’s. For more details, check out their post here. Sign up’s close on July 31st, so head on over there if you want to participate!
My ARC August Reading Plan
- The Trees by Ali Shaw
The Sixth Idea by P.J. Tracy With Love From the Inside by Angela Pisel Good Morning, Midnight by Lily Brooks-Dalton
- Whispers in the Mist by Lisa Alber
- All the Ugly and Wonderful Things by Bryn Greenwood
- The Invisible Life of Ivan Isaenko by Scott Stambach
The Couple Next Door by Shari Lapena
- Surrender, New York by Caleb Carr
- Sorrow Road by Julia Keller
The Last Days of Night by Graham Moore
- Her Darkest Nightmare by Brenda Novak
- A Lesson in Love and Murder by Rachel McMillan
- The Methods of Sergeant Cluff by Gil North
- The Masked City by Genevieve Cogman
Updates will be posted here with links to reviews!
I can’t believe it’s the 19th already, and I’m just now posting an update. Maybe I’ve been subconsciously avoiding it because August has been kicking my butt and my ARC plans have flown out the window. But, I did make some progress, so here is where we’re at:
- The Sixth Idea by PJ Tracy
- With Love From the Inside by Angela Pisel
- Good Morning, Midnight by Lily Brooks-Dalton
- The Couple Next Door by Shari Lapena
- The Last Days of Night by Graham Moore
And I’m currently reading The Invisible Life of Ivan Isaenko by Scott Stambach. There is no way I will be reading all of the ARC’s I had originally committed to, so I’m currently hoping to wrap up Ivan and then finish these by the end of the month:
Her Darkest Nightmare by Brenda Novak
The Masked City by Genevieve Cogman
It is so much less than what I had hoped, but progress is progress, yes?